Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Just throwing it out there...

When is it good to practice? I think any time is good, but really does it help if you are tired and don't really focus on the music? I ran through some stuff today and I need to do a little penny gaming on a few spots on stuff that I've now been on for almost 2 weeks now. I believe that trying to practice and getting through practice are two different ways of practice: trying means you want to practice, and getting means you want to just run over things and put the instrument down. I felt like today I did a little of both, it seemed like I could have done more but I did work over some troubled areas so I didn't feel like complete crap.

1 comment:

  1. I find that if I am very tired, it is a MUST to do breathing exercises. That will help with waking up and having a good practice session. I find that if I am mad about someone or something, I have a hard time focusing. If you can focus during your breathing exercises, then you will have a good practice session.

    I find that I like to practice in the mid-morning, late afternoon, and evenings. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete